Sunday, September 21, 2008

McCoy Pottery

I have been collecting McCoy pottery for over 20 years. And Salt & Pepper shakers. And Wall Pockets. Fruit-shaped objects are a favorite. I started when I was given a tiny McCoy flowerpot that was my grandmothers - blue wash with dragonflies. When I lived in Grand Junction Colorado I used to hit the antique stores every weekend; but it doesn't seem to be a popular thing to do anymore - and things I collect are scarce. (Except for old books which I just acquired a couple of box fulls - which included many first editions.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The two pots on the very right end of this shot are pretty rare lavendar butterfly, in unusual shapes.
I don't have great pictures online. I will try to scan in some better shots of my collections.

Photobucket

Photobucket

And this lovely "hooser" houses many of my S&Ps!

Photobucket
Will post more latter!

2 comments:

Decorina said...

Nice post about your McCoy. I think I've only got a couple of pieces these days. But I do have waaaaay too much "stuff".

Have a great weekend - I'm taking a truck to AZ and will be back early next week. Got to get away from politics, though it has been fun.

Anonymous said...

you don't have your vases anymore!!!!?
Sorry the political scene overwhelms me and sis talks Bush/McCain all the time!